Greetings to one and all of the Western Seas! We shall be graced with a Royal Visitation for a rather special Fighter Practice during the Yule season! As we all know, it can get rather wet during that time of year, so we have shortened the name to Y.U.C.K. – if mud is present, expect it to be slung! Mind your garb/armor and be prepared for the damp! Yes, this event will be held in any kind of Hawaiian Sunshine!
Saturday, December 10, 2016 8am to 4pm HST
Ahuimanu Community Park, 47-470 Hui Aeko Pl., Kaneohe HI 96744 in the open field with no trees. Please being your own portable shade/protection
But you must have your blue card or the white card, and sign the site waiver. Please make sure you have your cards in order (visit http://sca.org/members)!
8am – arrivals
9am or thereabouts – Court (at discretion of Their Royal Highnesses to be Their Royal Majesties at the time of the event)
After Court, fighters will fight, tailors will sew, and all will mingle.
If there is rain, mud-slinging is be expected!
3pm (or there-a-bouts) Closing Court
4pm – site closes
- Mistress Genevieve la Minstrelle, O.L. (Lisa Gomes)
- Bantiarna Sadhbh inghean Uí Conghal (Lessie Mitch)
E-mail address: ()
Bantiarna Sadhbh will be setting up the large 10×20 pavilion as well as her pop-up. Half of the pavilion will be for The Royals to stay dry should we be blessed with the wetter kind of Hawaiian Sunshine.
This event is a simple practice including some activity with the new guild, Stitches in Time, to help add to the Barony’s Gold Key.
Attending populace are asked to mind the following:
- Bring your own Food & Drink (bring enough to share if you wish – Hawaiian/Filipino food will be most welcomed!)
- Bring your own shade & comfort items (be prepared for rain)
- His Royal Highness (to be His Royal Majesty at the event) wishes to test the mettle of all our fighters – be prepared to get dirty!
- Bring some A&S to show off to Her Royal Highness (to be Her Royal Majesty at the event) – she likes pretty things.
- We will be in need of more chairs for seating and an extra table or three.
From Ewa side, take H3 to Kaneohe, take the first exit after the tunnels and get in the lane for Kahekili Hway. Go straight for about 3 miles, turn left onto Hui Iwa St (the light after Valley of the Temples), take the first left onto Hui Kelu St, turn left in front of the school into Hui Aeko Pl. The Park is at the end of the road.
From Honolulu side, take the Pali or Likelike and follow the same directions to Kahekili Hway (heading North Shore).
This event is sponsored by the Kingdom of Caid, which is part of the Society for Creative Anachronism. More information can be found on our website here: http://www.sca-caid.org/